The following is a list of available online resources to assist with COVID-19 response and recovery.
Our Human Resources consultant Kara Turner of Turner HR Services presented information about the paid leave aspects of the Family First Coronavirus Response Act and answered a few questions from participants. ou can watch the recording here.
Whatcom Unified Command is a single unified command structure, comprised of every local jurisdiction in Whatcom County and non-governmental partners in response to COVID-19.
Click here for printable signs and posters for business use.
Local Health Jurisdictions:
- Island County Public Health Department — [Facebook page]
- San Juan County Health Department — [Facebook page]
- Snohomish County Health District — [Facebook page]
- Skagit County Public Health — [Facebook page]
- Whatcom County Health Department — [Facebook page]
- Seattle & King County Public Health — [Facebook page]
Tribal Public Health, Health Centers, Emergency Preparedness:
- Lummi Nation — [Facebook page]
- Nooksack Indian Tribe — [Facebook page]
- Samish Indian Nation — [Facebook page]
- Sauk Suiattle Indian Tribe — [Facebook page]
- Stillaguamish Tribe of Indians — [Resource Guide] [Facebook page]
- Swinomish Indian Tribal Community
- Tulalip Tribes — [Facebook page]
- American Indian Health Commission for Washington State (AIHC)
- Northwest Portland Area Indian Health Board (NWPAIHB) — [Facebook page]
- National Indian Health Board
- Indian Country Echo
- Urban Indian Health Institute, Division of Seattle Indian Health Board
Contact Tracing Workforce Estimator: A novel workforce tool created by researchers at the GWU Milken Institute School of Public Health, and developed in collaboration with NACCHO and ASTHO, estimates that the nation will need a total of 184,000 COVID-19 contact tracers in order to help society safely reopen and limit the size of future waves of the virus. The tool will help state and local health departments determine the number of staff needed to effectively identify and trace people who have been in contact with new cases of COVID-19 and slow the spread of the virus.
State, National, Global Public Health:
- Washington State Department of Health (WADOH) — [Facebook page]
- Call Center: (800) 525-0127. Open 6:00 am – 10:00 pm, 7 days a week.
- Washington State Corona Virus Response Page
- Washington State Health Care Authority (HCA)
- Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) — [Facebook page]
Other Helpful Links:
providers getting relief funds from HHS from the CARES act: https://www.hhs.gov/coronavirus/cares-act-provider-relief-fund/for-providers/index.html
#COVID-19 ASL — American Sign Language Video Series
Anti-Stigma Resources (source: King County)
Equity Implications of COVID-19 (source: NAACP)
Whatcom COVID — Whatcom Unified Command