VIEW MODEL REPORTS HERE: https://northsound.healthcontours.com/reports
We’ve partnered with DataContours, a national leader in designing and developing data platforms and analysis models for the local level, to provide timely COVID impact models for the North Sound region. The models generate age/comorbidity stratified estimates of infections, hospitalizations and mortality down to sub-zip code levels. Disease forecasting and models help communities answer important questions like:
- Who is likeliest to require care, today and in the future?
- What are likely specific impacts on vulnerable populations?
- Where will impacts be focused?
We are very excited to provide this resources to our region. County-level models are also available and require coordination with the local health jurisdiction. For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’d also like to encourage our partners to watch the recording of a webinar from May 28: DataCountours and BalanceUpLeadership offered the ‘Exploring the Equity Impacts of COVID-19’ webinar hosted by Mike Reich and Gwen Young.
The hosts focused on three main points via the lens of a broader perspective. This perspective is reached by not only focusing on the public health perspective and impacts of COVID-19, but also looking at quantifiable social and economic impacts of COVID-19 as well. The main points center the discussion on the following:
– What are the COVID-19 impacts on equity?
– How can we improve our response?
– What can we do to address the structural inequalities impacting the most vulnerable?
North Sound ACH is grateful for this timely resource. A little preview: Below is a brief snapshot of some of the inspiring content that emerged during the webinar.
We must use this time to make progress on structural barriers to equality.
1. Understand the Complexity.
– Need for disaggregated data, frequent updates and forecasting to predict trends.
– Hyper-local visibility.
– Respect individual experience.
2. Think Big.
– Coordinate and align.
– Plan for scenarios.
– Recognize basic needs come first.
– Make big impact by focusing locally.
3. Communicate and Iterate.
– Share information.
– Evaluate every 6 months.
– Expand the coalition.
During this critical time, learn more about how these conversations— on the immediate need to simultaneously address equity, health, and social and economical impacts of COVID— are happening across the nation. Let us know which elements of the webinar intrigue or resonate with you. We would love your feedback!